CLT floor panels
The most popular building material for flooring is wood. But for all its positive qualities, the tree has disadvantages. Cross laminated timber floor is an innovative material that has a lot of attractive technical characteristics. It is used as an intermediate floor, being affordable and easy to install. Universal panels are suitable for interior decoration of residential and industrial premises, they serve for many years without losing their original attractiveness. Clt timber floors can even be used instead of concrete slabs, monolithic concrete and other types of floors.
Benefits of CLT floors
CLT floor panels have several important advantages that have made them popular and stand out from other floor coverings. The main ones include:
- high strength characteristics;
- excellent sound insulation;
- no shrinkage and the ability to move on to finishing immediately after construction is completed;
- simple and fast installation;
- small weight;
- safety for health, absence of melamine and formaldehyde resins;
- good insulating properties, which ensures high thermal efficiency;
- ability to take any form (according to the project plan).
The undeniable advantage of the material is the perfect combination of price and quality. In addition, it is very versatile. If you use it as an interfloor ceiling, you get a wooden ceiling on the first floor, which not only looks very attractive, but also can be easily finished, painted, or covered with something; and a durable and warm floor on the second floor, which can also be covered with any other flooring – parquet, laminate, etc.
Production process of CLT floor panel
The clt floor detail is a massive multi-layer construction of wooden lamellas glued perpendicular to each other and in layers. The technology for the production of this material is similar to the technology for the production of glued laminated timber and plywood and consists of the following steps:
- Edged coniferous wood having a cross-section is dried in special chambers. After drying, the moisture content of lumber should not exceed 10-12%.
- Workpieces are facing to give them the required length.
- For Cross Laminated Timber panels to be multi-layered, the parts are laid in a row and glued together, the next layer is laid on top of the previous one with a 90 degree turn.
- The glued multilayer workpiece is pressed from four sides. Thanks to a pressure of 6 kg per cm2, the workpiece acquires its characteristics.
CLT flooring is made from pine wood.
Characteristics and technical data
The clt floor section is an array that consists of 3-12 layers of lamellas. The bearing capacity and fire resistance of the panels are not worse than those of reinforced concrete. They also weigh much less. to give the material additional strength, the lamellas are connected with class E1 glue. Panels have the following maximum parameters:
|Thickness||from 60 to 500 millimeters|
|Weight||from 480 to 500 kilogram cubic meter|
The material is distinguished by the stability of geometric parameters. In the longitudinal direction, minimal dimensional changes are allowed, in the transverse direction, an error of up to two-tenths of a millimeter is allowed. Depending on the ambient humidity, the standard panel humidity of 12% can be reduced or increased by 2%. The fire resistance of the material is 30-90 minutes.
There are three options for panel quality. Regardless of which one is chosen, the clt floor construction makes the interior decoration process much faster and easier:
- Not visual quality. The panels are made from wood that has unwanted defects. Use such designs for further decoration or in places that are hidden from view.
- Industrial visual quality. Quality with minor imperfections. Such panels are installed in rooms where the appearance of the floor is not of great importance.
- Visual quality. In this case, wood is used without cracks and other defects, as structures are used to create impeccable interiors.
Designs do not require preliminary preparation before decorating. They are covered with any finishing materials. Visual quality panels do not require finishing, in rare cases they are varnished.